America as we know it is quickly coming to an end. Think about it. When we're young, we're told to work hard and the sky's the limit. Well nobody wants to work hard and sacrifice to get what they want anymore. The American Dream is D-E-A-D!
Who killed it?? EVERYONE. We're all so god damned worried about getting "ours", blaming the "man" and our "rights" that we don't take a second to look inwardly and wonder how we are effecting our own destiny.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. What did I do to get myself here?
2. How can I work to improve myself?
3. What are My priorities?
4. How am I responsible for this outcome?
In the end nobody really gives a damn about you, except for YOU!! Nobody wants to do this though. It is SO, SO, SO much easier to blame others for our problems. You didn't get something you wanted, THEY were RACIST. You didn't get that HOUSE, THEY were SEXIST. It must be the REPUBLICAN or DEMOCRATS problem, right?? Did they cause this??
NO!! We did! We look to our government to solve our problems and it should be the other way around. We want an understanding empathetic government that will have every single possible outcome dictated to us in a mass of laws. Empathy has no place in government. It is supposed to be an arbitrary, neutral faceless body.
I don't know when we all took a turn in that fork in the road we call life and decided laws are the answer to our destiny. Take it from me, I'm a lawyer, they aren't.
Everytime the government proposes something think to yourself, why are they doing this? We don't need more programs, spending, laws, etc. They want you to think we do but we don't.
Don't be ready to slit the juggular of someone that protests to your views. Being American is supposed to be about understanding, compassion and empathy. We'll take your tired, hungry and poor and we'll make them into god damn bill gates. This isn't the role of the government, this is the role of individual American's. LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY! LEARN ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT.
You think change is impossible. Some puppy owners in Baltimore City got pissed off because Baltimore City Council changed the leash law to $1000 fine at the beginning of this year. Three women protested, less than a week later that law was changed. .
If you have some how benefited from social programs. Don't be ashamed, admit it and pass on that benefit you've received and pass it on to someone else.
Rich people aren't happy. Money doesn't buy happiness. Family and Friends do. Focus on what matters and not what doesn't. STOP BLAMING OTHERS, DON'T FALL PREY TO THEIR GAME. PAY ATTENTION. EVERYTHING IS NOT RACIST, SEXIST, CLASSICIST, or PARTISAN....
For I swear to you, and you can quote me on this. If serious change doesn't occur America as we know it will be DEAD in less than 10 years. We are overspending at a rate that is unsustainable. Our judicial system is BROKEN (the courts were not supposed to be used as a conduit to make people rich). Legislative members don't want to make a decision because they are scared to death of not getting reelected. Career Senators isn't what the founding fathers had in mind. Instead of doing anything worthwhile Congress focuses on random bullshit that they think Matters that really doesn't. Our executive branch has taken away the effect of the legal contract and now decides that bankruptcy doesn't work and props up companies with tax payers dollars. Is the system fixed?? NO! We are going to be lulled into a sense of complacency and tumble even further into a recession than we are now.
If George Washington, James Madison, Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson were alive today they shoot themselves in the head! Something's gotta give....
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that the American Dream no longer exists as it once did. I think what killed it is mostly wealth.
ReplyDeleteThe explosion of money and success that our grandparents generation had created a sense of entitlement with Baby Boomers and they have just happily passed it along.
I look at those white picket fence houses that made up the American Dream back in the 50's and compare it to what I see on MTV Cribs. I can honestly say that my expectations are stupidly high... and that is really what has killed the dream for myself and many others.
Yeah, I agree and it's going to come to in end because we just sit back and think things will be okay. I think the good news is something new and better always comes along after things fall apart. In our lifetime we'll be good but I don't know about our children.
ReplyDeleteAlicia, I think that was well said. I completely agree. The American Dream is going to turn into the American Nightmare for our generation and for the next generations to come. We are "tapped out" and our government is still continuing to spend money. We want China to buy all these bonds (which they have already bought over $1 Trillion), however, this trend will NOT continue for much longer.
ReplyDeleteThe one thing the Chinese do better than us is save money. They save over 51% of their GDP. We save about 8%. Now, the Chinese are in the same position that we were in at the end of World War I, the biggest creditor nation. It was not until the end of World War II that America really saw themselves as the superpower that we are known as today. China is following the exact same blueprint as we did, only they are at the World War I stage.
China is slowly grabbing us by the balls. Once they realize that our spending is out of control, they will soon be worried that we may never pay off what we are borrowing from them. As of right now, they are only worried if we can pay off the interest on the bonds. Cap and Trade, Universal Health Care, and Green Jobs are going to be the choke hold that will take this country out.
Spain has already tried going "green" and for every 4 "green" jobs created, 9 regular jobs were lost. That is 2.2% loss of jobs. Only 1 out of 10 "green" jobs were sustained after the project was complete (a 90% loss in jobs). Universal health care has been tried in Great Briton and Canada. In Great Briton it is an utter failure. They have politicians screaming out to us NOT to proceed because it will bankrupt our country, much like it has with Great Briton. There are horror stories about people waiting YEARS for transplants and other life saving surgeries which are done within days in the United States. Now I am not saying that our system of Health Care is great by any means, but it will be a disaster if we nationalize it. And plus who is going to pay for it?
Social Security and Medicad and Medicare are all going bankrupt. Who is going to pay for it? It is quite obvious that we are going to pay for all of this. Just recently we have heard about sales tax on Soda and other drinks that are claimed to be unhealthy. There are talks now of a NATIONAL SALES TAX. Are you kidding me? Pretty soon about 75% of our income will go to goddamn taxes! That is no joke either.
I guess my question is when are we going to finally wake up and realize that everyone is Washington is ruining our country with out of control spending? The Federal government has one job: to protect our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness! That's it. The government no longer fears the people, the people are in fear of the government. Thomas Jefferson said, "When the people fear government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Again I ask, when are we going to wake up?
Hey, I randomly found your blog today and I'm glad that I did. Very interesting stuff. I am a conservative blogger and grad student in Chicago (rjmoeller.com). Keep up the good work. God Bless.
ReplyDelete